The operations specialist serves as the primary point of contact for principal Investigator inquiries pertaining to the review of site-specific changes in approved research.
The responsibilities of an operations specialist include:
- Communication of Sterling IRB’s requirements as they pertain to the review of site-specific modifications/amendments to previously approved research
- Review of submissions for completeness, including the completion of appropriate administrative staff checklists
- Follow-up with the principal investigator to obtain any additional documentation or other information needed to assist in the review process
- Preparation of materials for review by the primary reviewer and (where applicable) the board
- Communicate the determinations and requests of the primary reviewer/or the full board to sites (as applicable)
- Generating and processing of approval correspondence
- Bachelor’s degree + two years of work experience in office setting
- Proficient computer skills and working knowledge of MS Office products
- Excellent organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Ability to analyze information and solve problems
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with others, provide high levels of customer service, and handle sensitive and confidential situations
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently as required; plan, organize, schedule, and complete work within deadlines
- Ability to manage conflicting demands and priorities
- Ability to adapt to changes in office technology, equipment, and/or processes
- Demonstrate consistency and dependability in quantity and quality of work
About Sterling IRB
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Sterling IRB offers competitive salaries and a full-benefits package, including medical, dental, life insurance, paid vacation and holidays, 401K, and profit-sharing program. Sterling is also a proud member of the National Veteran Business Development Council (NVBDC).
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.